Little Rock Eye Clinic (LREC) grew out of the original Cosgrove and Henry Clinic. Dr. Forrest Henry joined that practice in 1948 and in 1960, helped transform the group from an eye, ear, nose, and throat specialty into an ophthalmology practice.
Dr. Cliff Clifton joined the practice in 1976 and was followed by Dr. Charles Henry 10 years later. Shortly after, the clinic relocated to Kanis Road. In 1991, Dr. Dan Hennessey joined the practice and one year later, Dr. Michael Roberson also joined the practice. At that time, the name of the clinic was changed to Little Rock Eye Clinic. Dr. Forrest Henry retired in 1994, after 46 years in practice.
The clinic moved to the Baptist Eye Center in 1997. Through the assistance of Baptist Health, the clinic started a neuro-ophthalmology service. In 2002 and 2003, the clinic incorporated the practices of two ophthalmologists and opened the Little Rock Eye Clinic West, located at 4200 North Rodney Parham Road. While at the Baptist Eye Center, the LREC expanded to include over 10 full time eye physicians.
To accommodate this growth, the clinic moved its Baptist Eye Center office to 201 Executive Court. Within 3 years of that move, the clinic added a third location in North Little Rock. The Little Rock Eye Clinic represents a continuum of eye care for more than 55 years. We currently have physicians specializing in glaucoma, corneal/external diseases, cataract and comprehensive care, neuro-ophthalmology, and optometric care.